Monday, August 26, 2013

Geometric Party Reveal

So, my baby turned one. And it's hitting me hard this time around. While I'm happy to be done with the stress, late nights and never ending feeding that comes with a newborn, watching this boy grow up has been so bittersweet. I'm not sure what it is, but I've been squeezing him extra tight this week (and I'm not sure he appreciates that much).



Maybe it was this sad little feeling that led me to literally spoil the poor boy by buying him more gifts than normal. I've been collecting little things here and there for some time now. I picked up an elephant toy last minute and loved it so much that it became a little bit of a theme.




The star of the party decor was definitely washi masking tape. I used it to make a geometric shape on our chalkboard. I also decorated plain muslin bags with a few different designs. Every pint-sized guest got a party blower, an elephant, and a huge super-bounce ball.



For cupcake toppers, I pushed a small wooden dowel through some faceted wooden beads that had been painted. In addition to cupcakes, we also served ice cream in these adorable geometric bowls from Target ($0.50 each-score!).



We covered the table with butcher paper and laid out some jewel shaped crayons so tiny guests could color. I made some simple triangle bunting out of construction paper and tied a few huge balloons to the birthday boy's seat. I also filled the floor with a ton of non-floating balloons because Jack goes crazy over them! Even though we were tripping over them and listening to them pop all night, they were a huge hit with the kiddos.

I'm falling more and more in love with simple party themes these days and I'm happy about how Jack's party turned out-it felt just right. Happy Birthday sweet boy-you are so very loved!

Resources:

36" Balloons
Blue ice cream spoons
Faceted Beads
Geometric bowls and crayons
Striped paper table runner
Elephant Figurines
Super Bounce Balls/Party Blowers
Muslin Bags
Washi Tape
Jack's geometric printed onesie


11 comments:

  1. Your theme is genius! That bunting! love it! Libby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a new follower from Spain!! I loved your blog and I definitely adore your baby boy's birthday party!! So beautiful and original!! Great job!!

    Greetings!!! :)

    MarĂ­a

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this party! You did a great job. I love those cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cupcake toppers! How innovative. Great ideas here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Everything is so cute and i Love it!
    Thank you for mentioning our onesie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this party- so fun and original! Your entire blog is darling, if you ever want to contribute on SomewhatSimple.com, we'd LOVE to have you! Email me if you're interested: steph@somewhatsimple.com. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool party! My little boy is turning one this month too so I know exactly what you are feeling, all the best, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi randi! found you through my friend melanie at you are my fave - what a lovely party- my little one turned one in august, too and it was so bittersweet! LOVE this party... gorgeous details and such a fun feel! the wooden geometric bead cupcake toppers are so clever. xo lyndsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I REALLY LOVE YOUR WEBSITE (I ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT TO KNOW IT! BUT I AM HAPPY I FOUND IT!) IT'S REALLY COLOURFUL, BRIGHT, INTERESTING! KEEP ON DOING THIS NICE JOB OF SHARING! GREETINGS FROM ITALY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is exactly the inspo I needed for my twins' first birthday! Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete